Hiring Subcontractors for Your VA Business
Get ready for the best virtual assistant subcontracting advice you’ve ever received.
Seriously… this interview will completely revolutionize your thoughts about how you start subcontracting as a VA.
I’m super excited to be sharing with you today an interview with my friend Kena Roth from Kena Roth Business Solutions. Kena has been in the VA world for a long time, and has a ton of expertise to share, specifically about subcontracting!
Kena has been a VA for 10 years. She started her business because, like so many of us, she wanted to be home with her kids, and she also wanted a career. Kena has a team of 6 full-time VAs and brings in other subcontractors as needed. She offers complete business management. She currently has 12 full-time clients, at 30 hours or more per week (wow!).
I asked her to join me on a live call to discuss your top questions about hiring subcontractors for your Virtual Assistant biz.
PS – I was super upset about my video quality here. My camera stopped working, Kena’s lighting was a little off, and my shot ended up at a weird angle (hello, close-up). Boo. However, the content is SO good that I still HAD to share!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- At what point should I start considering subcontracting for my business? [4:16]
- Find out what happens in your business when you start outsourcing. [4:51]
- Where do I fit in within my own business after I hire a team of subcontractors? [5:40]
- Difficulties faced in the process of hiring a team of subcontractors [7:49]
- The ONE secret to being a successful VA [9:25]
- What qualities should I look for in a subcontractor? [10:40]
- Where to start looking for good people as VA Subcontractors [12:50]
- The ONE Project Management tool Kena uses and recommends for managing subcontractors. [15:25]
- How to bill and process payment between clients and subcontractors. [19:44]
- How much should I pay my subcontractors? [22:05]
- How to stay in touch with your subcontractors [25:03]
- How do I know I am ready for subcontractors? [26:45]
- How to appreciate your subcontractors [27:51]
- The ONE personality trait to look for in a subcontractor [31:44]
CHECK OUT THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE:
If you’re ready to start subcontracting in your Virtual Assistant business, check out our VA Toolbox, which includes a VA Contract as well as a Subcontracting Agreement and a Mock Portfolio Template.
If you’re looking to start your own virtual assistant business OR learn the skills needed to find better jobs and charge higher rates, a virtual assistant training course can help you do that. Today I’m going to break down two different virtual assistant courses that can really help you beat the learning curve while becoming…
Whether you started your business 5 years ago or 5 days ago, staying productive while working from home can have its challenges. With all the tools, tech, and other resources available though, there are plenty of resources to help you stay focused and accomplish more in less time! In my blog post today, I’m walking…