Hiring Subcontractors for Your VA Business
*This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission (at no cost to you) if you sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link!
Get ready for the best virtual assistant subcontracting advice you’ve ever received.
Seriously… this interview will completely revolutionize your thoughts about how you start subcontracting as a VA.
I’m super excited to be sharing with you today an interview with my friend Kena Roth from Kena Roth Business Solutions. Kena has been in the VA world for a long time, and has a ton of expertise to share, specifically about subcontracting!
Kena has been a VA for 10 years. She started her business because, like so many of us, she wanted to be home with her kids, and she also wanted a career. Kena has a team of 6 full-time VAs and brings in other subcontractors as needed. She offers complete business management. She currently has 12 full-time clients, at 30 hours or more per week (wow!).
I asked her to join me on a live call to discuss your top questions about hiring subcontractors for your Virtual Assistant biz.
PS – I was super upset about my video quality here. My camera stopped working, Kena’s lighting was a little off, and my shot ended up at a weird angle (hello, close-up). Boo. However, the content is SO good that I still HAD to share!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- At what point should I start considering subcontracting for my business? [4:16]
- Find out what happens in your business when you start outsourcing. [4:51]
- Where do I fit in within my own business after I hire a team of subcontractors? [5:40]
- Difficulties faced in the process of hiring a team of subcontractors [7:49]
- The ONE secret to being a successful VA [9:25]
- What qualities should I look for in a subcontractor? [10:40]
- Where to start looking for good people as VA Subcontractors [12:50]
- The ONE Project Management tool Kena uses and recommends for managing subcontractors. [15:25]
- How to bill and process payment between clients and subcontractors. [19:44]
- How much should I pay my subcontractors? [22:05]
- How to stay in touch with your subcontractors [25:03]
- How do I know I am ready for subcontractors? [26:45]
- How to appreciate your subcontractors [27:51]
- The ONE personality trait to look for in a subcontractor [31:44]
CHECK OUT THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE:
If you’re ready to start subcontracting in your Virtual Assistant business, check out our VA Toolbox, which includes a VA Contract as well as a Subcontracting Agreement and a Mock Portfolio Template.
What is the SavvySystem? This is The Virtual Savvy’s signature Virtual Assistant program. The SavvySystem is a step-by-step blueprint for launching and growing your own profitable at-home business from scratch.
Wondering how you can make money working from home as a virtual assistant? The best way to begin is by starting your own VA business. I remember when I first started mine in 2015. I didn’t even know what a VA was. My friend had just told me about it and after doing some research,…